The importance of drinking water is sometimes neglected in the hustle and bustle of daily life. If not adequately addressed, this may cause dehydration and various health issues. Thanks to Intravenous IV Hydration, which is an excellent way to fight dehydration and ensure that the body receives the fluids it requires to function efficiently.
In fact, the body (on average) is nearly 60% water. This is because nature has kept this fluid so abundantly inside the human body because of its multiple roles. Water is indeed critical for the body since it performs the functions below:
- it is ultimate for thermoregulation (regulation of body temperature);
- cushions and protects the organs against physical injuries;
- carries nutrients to different cells of the body;
- moistens the eyes, airway passages, and oral cavity;
- lubricates the joints;
- is used for flushing out waste products via the kidneys;
- aids in the dissolution and reabsorption of minerals from the intestines.
Why Is IV Hydration Better Than Drinking Water?
A sufficient water intake is essential to keep hydrated and improve health. Water is vital to anyone’s health–from efficient digestion to temperature regulation. Many people, however, rush to drink several glasses of water after dehydration.
Unfortunately, this may not be enough. The idea is that water consumed through drinking technically needs to undergo a long process before it’s absorbed into various parts of the body. In IV Hydration, a blend of saline solution and vitamins is injected directly into the bloodstream through a well-located vein and one that’s already been checked for patency.
What Are The Composition Of IV Hydration?
Generally, IV hydration is a safe and easy procedure to administer fluids and vitamins into the body intravenously (through a vein). Depending on the requirement, different substances may be part of the IV bag. Below are the most common components of an IV bag:
Normal saline combines water and table salt (sodium chloride) to hydrate the body.
It is a sugar that is pretty beneficial for the body, given in cases where there is a required normalization of low sugar levels.
Vitamins (B complex and C) can also be found in the IV solution. As a matter of fact, this solution kickstarts the immune system, boosts mental health, and increases the body’s antioxidant capacity.
Minerals And Antioxidants
Magnesium and Calcium are essential minerals that are added to the IV solution in most cases. Magnesium combats inflammation and upgrades cognition, while Calcium promotes bone and teeth growth.
What Are The Benefits Of IV Hydration?
This is one of the most significant advantages of using IV fluids for dehydration. As it has been known, dehydration is one of the causes of feeling lethargic or drained throughout the day, which can make it challenging to get through. Rehydrating the body gives each cell the nutrients required to function properly, increasing the natural energy levels.
While water is an excellent remedy for thirst and dehydration, it doesn’t offer an intense burst of essential minerals and vitamins. For those experiencing severe dehydration, water may not relieve them well.
Unlike IV hydration, it is packed with a powerful punch that gets heals the person quicker. In this case, the presence of these essential vitamins and minerals in IV therapy and vitamin injections can take people to the next benefit.
While everyone can’t mostly feel healthy, the hydration IV therapy comes with a package that protects the body from common illnesses. The IV fluid can contain vitamins C and B12, which are efficient collections of immunity boosters. These compounds injected directly into the bloodstream enable them to function more effectively than taking them orally.
Improves Cognitive Function
The brain needs to be adequately hydrated to process information swiftly and enhance memory. In fact, dehydration symptoms could be impaired memory, so the IV fluid keeps the body and brain operating effectively. Since the brain doesn’t get quick hydration, especially when drinking water, IV therapy can help restore cognitive functioning much faster and more efficiently than drinking water.
IV fluid hydration can be highly beneficial for anyone who needs to recover from a hard workout or a long run. Since it’s given that the person sweats out a lot of fluids and electrolytes when pushing the body physically, much of the body’s energy is consumed. Thanks to IV fluid hydration as it aids in the restoration of fluids and vitamins to the body and revitalizes the muscles, which leads to a faster recovery.
Severe headaches and general body aches are often the feelings after a long night of drinking alcoholic beverages. This is happening since alcohol is a diuretic, which causes the body to lose nutrients and dehydrate. IV fluid hydration aids in the restoration of electrolytes and the replenishment of all nutrients depleted by alcohol, helping the person in the recovery and relieving those unpleasant symptoms.
Depending on the severity, dehydration symptoms can vary, but aches and pains commonly signal that the body needs fluids. When suffering from aches and pains that don’t seem to disappear, ask the doctors if they think dehydration could cause it.
Restored Skin’s Beauty
Another significant advantage of IV fluid hydration is its impact on the skin’s overall beauty. Since each body cell is provided with the hydration and vitamins required to function properly, the skin will become fuller and more radiant. This procedure works from the inside out to restore the skin by removing toxins and free radicals.
Who Are Good Candidates For IV Hydration?
- Those with cold/flu. For patients suffering from common cold and flu, IV hydration is recommended. Since oral hydration can not meet the needs effectively, doctors usually suggest a cold and flu IV drip to rehydrate while boosting the immune system.
- People with morning sickness. Many pregnant women experience morning sickness, which makes drinking water a challenging task for them. That said, expecting mothers can take advantage of IV hydration therapy to keep themselves hydrated even with morning sickness.
- Those with a hangover. Excessive consumption of alcohol can cause headaches as well as disrupt the digestive system. Individuals suffering from hangovers find it challenging to chug a glass of water to eliminate the awful feeling. Indeed, IV hydration can help in this situation.
- Those with headaches. In some cases, a headache or a migraine attack results from dehydration. Studies suggest IV hydration can be used to subside symptoms of a headache. With the help of an IV bag filled with vitamins and medications, it helps mitigate inflammation and pain to manage migraine and cluster headaches.
- Athletes. Due to long hours spent on the field working on their performance, this hectic ordeal means a cascade of flowing sweat that eventually leads to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Dehydration in athletes means sore/painful muscles, an increased propensity for muscle cramps, and significant loss of energy. IV Hydration can immensely help in these situations.
The Bottom Line
For many, hydration is tough, and IV hydration therapy is the only way out. Waco Center for Functional Medicine, PLLC offers Intravenous (IV) Therapy, a safe and fast way to provide the body with the nutrition it needs. Because IV hydration bypasses the digestive system, it is an effective way to deliver medications, vitamins, and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream.